Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 7: Garden Blessings


Wow! Has it already been a week? All that in seven days?

My hands are rough and dry from all the weeding, digging and delving I've been doing. I turned the raised beds this evening, hoed the garlic patch, maniacally ripped weeds, lots of weeds, from everywhere. Then it got dark.

While I gardened I thought...

The first thing that I have to admit is that I was wrong about the bastard previous owners. I thought about this while I hoed in the garlic patch. They showed up yesterday to pick up their garbage and, infact, wrote a note to let us know that they would. I saw the note, I started to read the note, but then I got sidetracked by movers and stuck it in the drawer under the phone. In the note she also said that she cleaned, and I am reminded by my husband that my clean is not everybody else's clean (unfortunately). So I guess I ought to forgive her that too...the goopy disgustingness that is. But really it comes down to this: It is I who is the bastard, not they. I should know better than to send out evil eye daggers and nasty mutterings without really knowing the whole truth. (Although I also must admit that it is kind of fun.)

So, perhaps I will call this lesson #1 in the new house. Be kind. Be kinder.

Oh blessed garden...Thank you for setting me straight.

2 comments: