Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 6: A Forever Day

Just the four of us today, five of us with the dog. I forgot about the rain on the Westcoast, a constant drizzling reminder that we live in a rainforest. Still, today, I found myself wandering outside, pulling weeds, attacking a lupin attacked by aphids,watching slugs, taking stock. I pulled some rhubarb and made a crumble. Rearranged my kitchen to optimize the view, from the sink, as I chop. I glance down, I glance up. Constantly designing and deciding, imagining less and more. As I said, this garden has good bones (Did I say that?) but it is not my style. There is too much of too many things not in the right place...disjointed is the word that comes to mind. Still, I'm not complaining.
This is my dream canvas, a dream canvas. We plan to make this a homebase, after the next move, or the next. Knowing this, that this is home (or will be-I'm not quite there yet)makes me dream even bigger. This isn't just a one or two year stop, this is forever. Just like marriage.

There is comfort in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment