
My baby turned 1 yesterday, my husband turned 43. First official "Man Day" as it is now known. Imagine that. Going into labour at midnight on his birthday, joking about it days before. And it was fast and furious, much like him (the boy). He is always, always on the go. I suppose most babies, most kids, are, or should be.
So we had a party on Sunday. A family affair. Mostly mine, as usual. And it went pretty smooth. The food was good, there was laughter...lots of laughter. There were balloons, which are now scattered, deflated or popped, all over our house, super sugary grocery store cake in white with blue, presents that he didn't really care about but she did. And (just because it's funny) at one point after I broke into my one and only beer (cause I can only handle one) I forgot that there were 7 non-nuclear family members sitting in the living room and I belched the burpiest burp ever from the kitchen, after which there was dead silence, then laughter, then mortification on my part...but only for a minute.

the burpiest burp ever? that must have been one burpy burp! I can't believe Griffin is one already, so when are you having a third?
ReplyDeletei can't believe he's one either. and how much hair he has. and how you are WEANING him....man. right now i think time moves so slowly and yet, look at you, 2 kids, yes, CHILDREN now and a husby (which i didn't know was a word)
ReplyDeleteyes, gone are the days when you could use halloween to be as skanky as possible and make a fool of yourself. you do that now and people stare in the grocery store. i guess you can only do that in your backyard.
i miss you.
are you having a third?
anonymous is me.
ReplyDeleteLara.
not anonymous anymore.
argh.
Ha ha Lara. Yeah, gone are the days of skanky Halloween...Skanky these days is not wearing my granny panties.
ReplyDelete