There is a shift.
Winter has come to its end and Spring is full on. My garden is coming alive and I along with it. Every chance I get from now until Fall will be spent digging, weeding, planting, picking, tending my garden. My dream since forever.
This is year one of my 20 year garden. This year I will plant trees and berries. I will dismantle and reconfigure the raised beds...And work on the hardscape. I will (more or less) come up with the plan on paper. And go with it.
My friend Lara told me that the first thing she does when she moves into a new place is decorate. For me it's garden. That's how I feel settled. Before we even had possession of this place, during our house inspection, I planted peas, potatoes and spinach. The peas and potatoes produced, the spinach did not. But, June 1st, after a long and hot and fast move from Ottawa, I had some veggies to show for. To a gardener, to me, those one month old seedlings were the best Welcome Home Sweet Home.
And it is.

No comments:
Post a Comment