Today was a day of moderate chores. Chores enough to get chores done but not too much to drive my kids crazy as I dragged them along with me.
So, with the help of my daughter, I picked carpet for our rental. (After 4 years worth of tenants and their pets, the carpet is so stained and worn that it's time for a change.) We celebrated the decision (which I'm now second guessing) and my kids' goodness by going to McDonald's Playplace for a fast food lunch. We talked about how 'junk' is only a once in awhile/special occasion kind of thing, and we talked about how good it tasted. They played and played, I watched, and I didn't worry about what was next. When I said "two minutes" she said "OK", played her two minutes and left her new friends smiling.
After lunch we played in the snow.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment