Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 257: Day 8: Community

Husby called tonight. In 10 minutes I had to convey to him a week of sick, discuss the options for new flooring in our rental not to mention actually renting it, talk about the kids, and share the air with my daughter who told her dad how much she missed him. The calls are always interrupted by alarms and intercom voices, he gets distracted. But, we hear from him, and that's all that counts.

I feel pretty good about so far. I feel grounded. Despite the sick and tired, despite the mess, despite the fact that right now my daughter is calling "Mommy! Mommy!..." over and over again. I feel good.

A bunch of moms at my daughter's preschool have emailed me to ask how I'm doing. Having heard that Buddy is sick, and knowing that my husby is away, some have offered to take my daughter so that I can have a break. They've offered tea, they've offered friendship. They've offered "just in case". This time round I feel so good because I feel community. It's really quite the loveliest...to feel like I belong, like I have a place, that we are growing with other people.

This whole time I thought that it was only her who needed to be social...little did I realize how much I needed this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment