Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 194: A 3 party day.



Today was a little over the top. The first of three parties, my party with my people, started at 11 for lunch. I had an hour, a quick, glancing at the clock over and over, feeling stress and hurried, to eat and talk garden. My last class was a week ago and today, talking garden, despite my rush, was like a big sigh of relief. My people, my party...

So, off I rushed an hour later, to my mom's nearby to quick change into fancy, pick up husby who was waiting with kids, and dart off to the Admiral's annual Christmas social on the base.

We walked through the door of the beautiful hundred year old colonial residence and were greeted by uniformed coat takers and a somebody holding a silver tray of champagne flutes full. Imagine grandeur, imagine awe. That was it, and me. Each room decorated to perfection, tasty tidbits, silver platters, white gloved hands. Live music and all. It was super short and sweet, but I got the gist.

A priveledged perspective indeed...

Back to Gramma's, plucking sleeping and sick children from comfort and into carseats to endure an hour or so of traffic on the way to my father-in-law's 70th birthday party. More food, drinks, talk...but, shoes were off, hair let down, kids wandered freely in familiar ground and were ogled by grandparently types eager to ogle. The end of the day, rush behind us and all we had left to do was be there.

Despite the rushing, the initial stress and the driving, I have to say that today was actually kind of nice. Me and husby had plenty of alone time to talk. The kids were were well behaved when we dragged them around.

All in all I would label today a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment