Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 53: Home

We are home after a week visit to Connecticut and New York. A blip in the life unrecorded, and I resume where I left off.

The last week was so full and seemed so long. We went for a wedding, the Saturday, but there is so much on either side. There is New York city, so big and crowded and busy and hot...We spent days at the pool in rural Connecticut, evading the heat, luxuriating in the luxury of wealthy peoples' wealth. There was lots and lots of family, my people, and explosion of talk. And two long flights to get there and back. Two long flights with little kids.

He has been off work for almost two weeks now, and goes back on Monday. The rest of the summer will be, for the most part, without him. He'll go to sea, we'll see him on weekends, and we'll miss him terribly in between.

Life is good when he is home and we are us four. That's what I'm shooting for one day. For him to be home and us to be on vacation, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment