Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 378: Day 1: The last trip.

We watched him leave for the last time. This trip, this week, will be his final voyage as captain of his ship. In 2 days, I'm going to Vancouver to meet him for a cocktail party aboard a foreign vessel. I get a whole day away, to dress up and play, and live an alternate life. Just me, then him, then us. A rare treat.

I just finished painting my kitchen and dining rooms a shocking key lime green. Not the green I was going for but the green I got. A little too flourescent for my taste but, luckily, I don't really care. Not too much.

Tomorrow I will be watering, cleaning, packing, shopping, running around like a crazy person getting myself and my two ready for our time away.

The kids will be staying with Nana and Papa. Their own alternate life.
Better than Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment