There's something screwy with my day calculation because, looking at the calender, we are 4 weeks away from my husby's 1 year of being captain, but I have here in the title that we are 13 days from Day 356. In the words of Carry Bradshaw, "I couldn't help but wonder..." Where did I go wrong?! (And will I obsessively scan back through the posts to find it?)
I just came in from the garden, 9pm with girl child watching out the window, knocking on the glass every now and then, feigning desperate hunger and thirst, calling "Mom...Mom..." in a whisper so as not to wake up Buddy and have me freak out. She knows me, she has felt the wrath.
I have heeded her her final warning.
I can't find my camera to post pictures of my latest gardening foray. I volunteered at the UVic plant sale on the weekend, absorbing as much garden information, expertise and excitement as I could. I asked questions to life-long gardeners who each had everything to share about their passion. I watched, I wandered and wondered, I listened.
These days are almost all about the garden. I do what I can inbetween meeting needs, being beckoned, racing to and fro, and sleeping. Today, I heard myself excuse my garden for being so unkept, or, rather, for me not having it more kept. It's a big garden. It really is. Not a sprawling lawn that you have to mow once a week and that's that garden, but a constant weeding and tending to garden, trying to keep it from getting out of control.
But, it's also a full of surprises garden. Layers upon layers. It's successive colour, interesting combinations, plant troubleshooting, and my constant source of creative inspiration. (Right now I'm grouping like plants into strategically placed (yet totally unstrategic looking) swaths to showcase them at their best, when their turn comes around.)
As I do this I think about where all of this has taken me, where it will and how I'm going to make it all happen.
I'm entrepreneurial minded.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment