I got my computer back! Finally. Now I can set up at the dining room table and sufficiently ignore the "Mom...mom...mom..." and the tugging at my leg, while still being in the same room, researching to my heart's content.
My daughter is in her room calling for me. She'll do this for a good 2 hours, pushing and pushing until I start to crack. Tonight I am especially tired, promising myself to go to bed by 9, and the crack has started to show. Her current complaint is that the roof of her mouth hurts, monsters will creep in shortly, followed by "I just can't get to sleep until you lay with me." I'll lay with her for about 2 minutes (or I have historically) then the figeting will drive me nuts and I'll leave telling her that I will come back when she's calm. I have turned off all sound making devices and dimmed the lights in an effort to quell her restless energy.
I hope it works.

No comments:
Post a Comment